Born in Iraq, I spent my early years between Baghdad, London and the UAE. After the first Gulf War, I left Iraq for New Zealand. In the early 00s, I moved to New York City to continue my studies where I graduated with a Masters of Fine Arts from New York University’s ITP -Tisch School of the Arts. I hold a Bachelor degree in Engineering Science, B.Sc.
I currently live and work in New York City.
My work can be found in the permanent collections of museums and institutions such as:
- The Metropolitan Museum of Art _ New York
- Los Angeles County Museum of Art (LACMA) _ Los Angeles
- The National Taiwan Museum of Fine Art _ Taiwan
- The Doris Duke Foundation for Islamic Art (Shangri La) _ Honolulu
- Honolulu Museum of Art _ Honolulu
- The Herbert F. Johnson Museum of Art _ Ithaca, NY
- The Barjeel Foundation _ Sharjah, UAE
- The Farjam Foundation _ Dubai, UAE
I have exhibited work in the Middle East, New Zealand, Europe and the U.S. Most recent exhibits include: the Honolulu Museum of Art in Hawaii; Taiwan National Museum of Art, Taiwan; Nasher Museum of Art at Duke University in North Carolina; University of Michigan Museum of Art; Nevada Museum of Art; Los Angeles Municipal Gallery in Los Angeles; the Queens Museum, the Austrian Cultural forum and the Herbert F. Johnson Museum in New York; the Station Museum in Houston, Texas; the Maraya Art Centre in Sharjah in the UAE.